This is where you sit back and rest (or leisurely walk along the beach) and you continue to lose weight. Sound too good to be true? Ok…there is a little more to it than that, but not much to boosting your metabolism.
Your metabolism (correctly named your basal metabolic rate) is the rate at which your body burns calories when you are sitting around doing nothing, or sleeping. There are many factors that affect your metabolism such as how well your thyroid is working and how much weight resistant exercise you do.
When people tell you they have a low metabolism they are really referring to their BMR. They seem to gain weight with each bite they take or they find it almost impossible to lose weight and keep it off.
So what is “metabolism”? Metabolism is the chemical reactions that take place in our cells to make energy. Everything we eat is broken down to make the energy we need to maintain our body’s functions such as regulating our temperature, breathing, moving our muscles and much more.
A great metabolism will burn a lot of energy and also make a lot of energy. A poor metabolism will take a lot of the energy from the calories we eat and store it as fat instead of using it for more productive things. This process of burning fat is called thermogenesis (beginning of heat).
Your metabolism is a key component of your body’s ability to burn fat and keep it off…and it really doesn’t take much to keep it burning long and hot. Here are a few key tips to revving up your metabolism:
- Invest 10 minutes a day into building muscle. That’s right…only ten minutes. The more muscle your have the more fat your burn. There are several great ways to boost your metabolism and I would recommend a program something like this;
Day 1 – shoulders, back and chest
Day 2 – abs, biceps and chest
Day 3 – lower body
Day 4 – 6 – repeat days 1 – 3.
Day 7 – rest
I would also recommend you hire a personal trainer to teach you the proper technique for at least two exercises for each muscle group.
- Eat an all protein (or at least 80%) breakfast everyday. This alone jump-starts your metabolism, increases its ability to burn fat by 25% and keeps it humming for up to eight hours. A few examples of a protein breakfast are:
– Protein shake – (Click to see my recommendation. Be sure it is NOT just protein but it plum full of all the vitamins and minerals.
– Two full eggs with a couple egg whites with salsa
– Chicken breast
– Wild fish
– Free-range red meats
This is probably the most important key to losing weight and keeping it off. If you do not do this you will not succeed.
- Incorporate some these thermogenic supplements into your diet:
– CLA (conjugated linoleum acid)
– GLA (gamma linolenic acid)
– 5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan)
– Phaseolamin 2250 (Phase 2)
– Gymnema Sylvestre extract
– Gardenia Cambogia (Hydroxycitric)
– Use a Natural Accelerator with Cassia nomad extract, Green tea, Cayenne pepper and Ginger root
– the RIGHT protein shake (see recommendation above)
If you start adding these fat-burning tips to your lifestyle you will begin to see results within seven to ten days.
Always feel free to contact me at anytime.