Your body is designed to heal itself. It is actually quite incredible when you really think about it…I mean really think about it.
In order for your body to begin the journey to healing and health it has to be in the right environment and have the right tools; an un-inflamed environment and provided with enough vitamins, minerals, fats, phytonutrients, water, etc.
Let’s look at inflammation first.
Inflammation is a good thing when the body is responding to an injury or infection. It’s role is to protect the tissue and bring blood and immunity to the area of trouble.
Chronic inflammation, however, is not good. It damages body tissues and leads to illness. A body that is inflamed cannot begin the healing process. It needs a break. It needs to rest. It’s kind of like being in a constant state of panic. Can you imagine how exhausting that would be for you emotionally to constantly be in a state of panic? This is similar to your body being in a constant state of inflammation.
What causes chronic inflammation?
2. Lack of exercise
3. Poor genetic expression
4. Exposure to toxins such as cigarette smoke, environmental toxins, pesticides, herbicides, etc.
5. Poor diet, fast foods and sugar
6. Emotional tension.
This chart is complimentary of Monterey Bay Holistic.
What can you do to avoid or fix chronic inflammation so your body can begin on the path of healing and health?
1. Learn how to manage stress properly…not a glass of wine. 🙂 Try going for a walk, talking to a friend, helping someone less fortunate than yourself, doing yoga, reading a good book, play an instrument, take up a hobby…do anything you LOVE to do.
2. Start moving! Practice N.E.A.T. and incorporate at least 30 minutes of planned movement into your day, every day.
3. Don’t let your genes be an excuse for illness or dis-eases! Your genes DO NOT have to determine your future health. More about that coming soon…
4. Quit smoking. Do not work in a toxic environment or at least do everything in your power to clean it up; get an air purifier, open windows for fresh air, etc. Eat organic foods. Drink purified water.
5. Eat at least 6 servings of fruits and vegetables a day. A serving is one piece of fruit or 1 cup of veggies or cut up fruit. Also, gluten and wheat are incredibly inflammation producing foods. Avoid them if you can.
6. Get rid of the toxic people in your life. If you can’t then at least read some books or take a course on how to deal with difficult people and do not let them get under your skin.
OK, let’s take a look at the tools your body needs to heal itself and get healthy.
Can you imagine starting to build a house without the proper tools. Perhaps you have no nails so you use twigs. Perhaps you have no concrete so you use clay. Silly, isn’t it? And yet this is what we do to our bodies every day.
Here are the main tools you need to heal yourself and get healthy:
1. Water; at least 8 cups a day.
2. Vitamins, minerals, pytonutrients and antioxidants; from fruits and veggies and a superb quality supplement. If you want information about a certified supplement, let me know.
3. Carbohydrates; primarily from your fruits, veggies and grains.
4. Protein; eggs, organic meats, dairy, legumes, beans.
5. Fats; avocados, fish, supplements.